A 'Free-From' Life - Nikki Young Writes

A ‘Free-From’ Life – New Beginnings

I’ve been busy making some changes to my blog. For sometime I’ve felt that Nikki Young Writes has become more of a writing-themed blog than a lifestyle one. The time had come to make a new home for my health-related articles and recipes. It means running two blogs, but at least this way both can focus on one thing.

image

My new blog is called ‘A Free-From Life’ because between us, in our little family of five, we eliminate a number of different foods for various reasons. I write about recipes I create as well as related health topics and I also review restaurants and hotels we go to when out and about or on trips.

If you are interested in healthy eating, food intolerance and avoidance diets, I would be chuffed to bits if you follow my new blog. In any case, if you get the chance to pop over and have a look, I would love to know what you think.

I’ve been moving all of my food posts from Nikki Young Writes over to the new blog, along with the travel posts too. From now on, all food-related and travel posts will be posted to A ‘Free-From’ Life and this blog will concentrate on my writing and fiction work.

As for the rest of the writing, the novel re-draft is going well. I’ve been working hard on it whenever I can, editing along the way. It feels like I’m getting somewhere at last, but there is still a long way to go.

I’m sharing this for What I’m Writing.

Writing Bubble

Comments (0)

1. Mummy Tries 10th March 2015 at 9:21 am

Great idea Nikki, as you know I set up a second blog for health stuff and it works so well. Off to check it out, fab name too 🙂

2. maddy@writingbubble 10th March 2015 at 9:42 am

Sounds like a very sensible plan! I’ll definitely take a look at your new blog. Glad the writing and editing is going well – thanks for linking to #whatimwriting xx

3. redpeffer 10th March 2015 at 10:29 am

Sounds like a very good idea and the writing and editing sounds like its going very well too.

4. littlehouselea 10th March 2015 at 4:39 pm

Great idea, I’m off to check out the new blog now….:)

5. Emily Organ 10th March 2015 at 8:48 pm

Great idea Nikki, I think it can be a big dilemma when you have different topics you write about and aren’t sure how they fit into one blog. I agree that blogs definitely have themes and specific readership too so it sounds like a good move to me x

6. Zena's Suitcase 11th March 2015 at 8:31 am

Sounds like a great approach. I’ll be popping over to take a look at the new blog. It sounds like you’ve been very busy getting it sorted #sharewithme

7. sophieblovett 11th March 2015 at 12:31 pm

Just had a peek – looks great! I have a nut allergy which seriously impacts on our diet, especially once you factor in everything that ‘may contain traces’… I have generally found that it’s made me a much more ‘conscious consumer’ though, so not all bad 🙂 Definitely a good subject to blog about! X

• Nicola Young 11th March 2015 at 8:46 pm

It’s so scary. Years ago, I worked for the Food Standards Agency in a department that dealt with allergies and intolerance and we worked with manufacturers to try to get them to be more specific about their processes. At the time, they all used to say ‘may contain nuts’, just in case and it was a nightmare for anyone with an allergy because they felt as though they couldn’t eat anything.

8. Dana 11th March 2015 at 5:41 pm

Congrats on your new blog! The latest post intrigues me so much, about nightshade intolerance, because for a time we wondered if my husband has an aversion to those. I’m all signed up to follow you via Bloglovin 🙂

• Nicola Young 11th March 2015 at 8:41 pm

I think it’s more common than you think. They are very acidic and can cause problems if you suffer from acid indigestion (which a lot of people do as they get older). I haven’t put this new blog on Bloglovin – I only have Nikki Young Writes on there (at least, that’s what I thought). Thanks for following, though.

9. Funky Wellies 11th March 2015 at 6:03 pm

First of all, good luck with the re-draft. 🙂
    I have bookmarked your new blog and will be popping over. Great idea! xx

10. Morgan Prince 13th March 2015 at 9:59 am

Good luck with the re-draft.

What a good idea to set up a new blog. I’ll pop over and take a look. 🙂

11. Jenny @ Let's Talk Mommy 13th March 2015 at 1:48 pm

Amazing things take time sounds like you are doing wonders. I need to get back to working on my second novel too. It’s so hard with young babies at home still. But missing it too. Thank you ever so much for linking up to Share With Me. #sharewithme

12. Louise 15th March 2015 at 5:19 pm

Good luck with the new blog and the re-focus of online life 🙂

13. Chrissie@muddledms 16th April 2015 at 8:49 pm

You made that split! Congrats. Blogs tend to take on a life of their own after a while. This transition is fairly normal from what I can tell.
    Also well done on the novel re-draft. Good to see things are moving.