Image courtesy of FreeDigitalPhotos.net

The Little Things That Make It All Worthwhile

Do I speak for the majority of parents out there when I say this?

We haven’t had a decent night’s sleep in years because of them. Our bodies will never be the same since giving birth. We spend our days running them here, there and everywhere. We are constantly picking up after them at home. They natter, they nag, they get on our nerves and make us want to tear our hair out…

BLOODY KIDS!

But we wouldn’t have it any other way, would we?

Because sometimes, one of them will give something back and then we know.

We know that we are doing a great job and that it is all worth it.

This is my ‘something’. Just a few words, but to me they mean the world.

image

What’s yours?

Comments (0)

1. mytravelmonkey 21st September 2014 at 8:18 pm

That is just wonderful, I think I would have sobbed with joy. It’s the best feeling in the world.

2. 9jaime 22nd September 2014 at 4:05 am

I have a picture of a Mother’s Day sign my kids made for me. It read “The Big Mother’s Day Breakfast” and was taped over an interesting arrangement of bagels and fruit on a platter—a breakfast fitting for any “big mother.” It still makes me giggle. I wish my older kids were little again.

3. Gabi 22nd September 2014 at 11:37 pm

Ah…it’s true! This is the pure sense of the life, the beauty of our days!
    I have loads of these little notes & cards….and from time to time I go through them, smile and cry ( and secretly wish… for more!) But as you guess as the years go by, we get less and less of them!
    Sometimes, I am given and not so nice ones, but I look at them differently. They are my lesson! Boris gave me a few months ago a little tiny note that says: ” you allwais blay me”. (he meant for not washing hands, for not being quiet, for not helping, just little things really). So I keep it in my glasses case to remind me every single time not to criticize,but be encouraging and a bit more tolerant! Young children are especially sensitive to the way things are said and take them to heart, so we only can learn how to be better in our communications with them! And this will pay off in spades later!

• Nicola Young 23rd September 2014 at 10:44 am

I am glad I don’t get notes about my short comings, as I would probably be drowning in paper if I did! My eldest has a diary and no doubt she writes her frustrations about me in there. I don’t get to see them though, as it is kept under lock and key. Might be just as well…

4. cariemay 24th September 2014 at 12:51 pm

I was given a daisy in the garden the other day “for well done for having baby Pip” – best push present ever!

5. lifeatthelittlewood 24th September 2014 at 4:40 pm

So sweet! It’s lovely to know that even through all the tears and tantrums, they really do appreciate us. And often show it when it matters most! Xx #sharewithme

6. Jenny 24th September 2014 at 10:08 pm

Ahh this is so sweet. They really do little things that just melt us don’t they? Love this What a beautiful post. Thank you so much for linking up to Share With Me. #sharewithme

7. Sara (@mumturnedmom) 25th September 2014 at 1:34 am

You could not be more right, it is these little moments. My 5yo will appear at random intervals and ask for a hug, the potter off again, happy. It makes me smile every time x #sharewithme

8. Eline @ Pasta & Patchwork 25th September 2014 at 1:43 pm

That’s so lovely, I almost cried and it wasn’t even written for me! Looking after my very strong-willed 20-month-old can be challenging, but the older he gets, the more he shows us affection. Lately he’s taken to cuddling in bed with us for 30 mins or so after he wakes up in the morning, and it’s so lovely. The ultimate affirmation that we’re the people he wants to be with before he starts his day of adventures!