Liebster Blog Award Nominee
Yesterday I found out I had been nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by Andrea, from Verbose, Morose & Comotose. Typical, sceptical me didn’t jump around the room with happiness, but rather I felt suspicious. Was this some kind of set-up? Is it an elaborate chain mail?
Having done my research, I came across a blog post by Louise at Baby Gates Down, who had similar concerns. Louise helped me to realise that I should take it for what it is, a gesture from one blogger to another and a ‘get to know you’ kind of exercise. Yes it is a kind of chain mail, but I haven’t been threatened that something bad will happen to me if I don’t respond to the questions. It’s completely down to me whether I participate or not, but as I am currently part of the zero to hero blogger challenge, I thought it would be a good opportunity to take part as a way of ‘officially’ recognising some of the other participants. I think it kind of fits nicely in to the theme of what we have all been trying to achieve so far this month.
So thank you, Andrea and here goes. The rules are:
- Each nominee must link back the person who nominated them.
- Answer the 10 questions which are given to you by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers.
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
And now for my questions:
1. What ability or skill do you most wish you had (that you don’t have already)
I really wish I could juggle with three balls, and no, that’s not a metaphor. My circus skills only extend as far as two balls, three has always been one too many… I should stop now and move on to question 2.
2. In everyday life, what is your number one pet peeve?
Older people who look down their noses at me as if it is terribly rude of me to be in the same place as them with my children. The automatic assumption that the children will be a nuisance gets on my nerves.
3. Would you rather watch Star Wars, or Star Trek? Why?
Star Wars for definite. How can you beat characters like Yoda and Chewy?
4. If you were prime miniser/president/ruler of the world what laws would you make?
I would make it an offense for old people to be grumpy, particularly when it comes to having to be around children.
5. What is one thing you will never do again?
Mix white wine, red wine, champagne and strawberries, all in the one night. Oh and run in to a glass door that I didn’t realise was there.
6. What sound do you love?
The sound of silence. When you have three children and a budgie, it is something you greatly appreciate.
7. If you could go back in time, what is one piece of advice you would give your younger self?
Carry on playing the saxophone because you will really regret it later in life when you’ve completely forgotten how to play it or read music.
8. What one thing would you be most disappointed if you never got to experience it?
I don’t waste time on regrets. However my life pans out, I plan to enjoy it for what it is.
9. What would you name the autobiography of your life?
I have got no idea (that would be the actual title).
10. If earth could only have one condiment for the rest of time, what would you pick to keep around?
I’m not a condiment person, so my life wouldn’t come to an end with out it. I’d have to go with mayonnaise.
Phew, glad that’s done. Not exactly easy questions there. So now here are my questions for my nominees:
- Sweet or savoury?
- Favourite childhood book?
- New Year’s resolution you’re most likely to stick to?
- What do you hope to gain from blogging?
- Best holiday destination you’ve ever been to?
- Worst child’s name you’ve ever heard?
- What do you think to the Liebster Award?
- What was the last book you’ve read?
- Best childhood memory?
- Favourite celebrity?
As you can see, some gritty, thought provoking questions there.
And the nominees are (long pause, drum roll):
Have fun guys!